Our host communities are key partners in creating shared value from Kabanga Nickel.
We believe in early, ongoing and collaborative engagement.
Our Community Relations team proactively engages with communities and works closely with district and local authorities.
In line with national legislation and international standards, this approach is the most effective for lasting relationships.
Aligning with our social policies, our approach to community relations focuses on:
- Collaborative relationships with the surrounding communities
- Building team capabilities to deliver and implement livelihood restoration, resettlement, vulnerable support and community development
- Ensuring community development focuses on a sustainable future
- Working with the needs of the local communities needs to deliver community development projects for example at Kabanga:
– Signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ngara District Council for 207.8 million shillings towards Corporate Social
– Responsibility (CSR) projects in 2022 that focus on education and health.
These include a total of eleven projects in different sectors and five popular events.