Our host communities are key partners in creating shared value from Kabanga Nickel.
We believe in early, ongoing and collaborative engagement.
Our Community Relations team proactively engages with communities and works closely with district and local authorities.
In line with national legislation and international standards, this approach is the most effective for lasting relationships.
Continuity is key. Our community relations officers pre-date our ownership, and have remained on site to maintain long-standing community relations which Lifezone will benefit from.
Aligning with our social policies, our community relations team focus on:
- Continue to build collaborative relationships with the surrounding communities and prepare for resettlement
- Building team capabilities to deliver and implement the resettlement action plan
- Ensuring community development focuses on a sustainable future
- Signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ngara District Council for 207.8 million shillings towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects in 2022 that focus on education and health.
- These include a total of eleven projects in different sectors and five popular events.